Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gospel
- verb Glad tidings; especially, the good news concerning Christ, the Kingdom of God, and salvation.
- verb One of the four narratives of the life and death of Jesus Christ, written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- verb A selection from one of the gospels, for use in a religious service; as, the gospel for the day.
- verb Any system of religious doctrine; sometimes, any system of political doctrine or social philosophy; as, this political gospel.
- verb Anything propounded or accepted as infallibly true; as, they took his words for gospel.
- adjective Accordant with, or relating to, the gospel; evangelical; as, gospel righteousness.
- transitive verb To instruct in the gospel.