Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gouge
- noun A chisel, with a hollow or semicylindrical blade, for scooping or cutting holes, channels, or grooves, in wood, stone, etc.; a similar instrument, with curved edge, for turning wood.
- noun A bookbinder's tool for blind tooling or gilding, having a face which forms a curve.
- noun An incising tool which cuts forms or blanks for gloves, envelopes, etc. from leather, paper, etc.
- noun Soft material lying between the wall of a vein aud the solid vein.
- noun The act of scooping out with a gouge, or as with a gouge; a groove or cavity scooped out, as with a gouge.
- noun Imposition; cheat; fraud; also, an impostor; a cheat; a trickish person.