Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gypsy
- noun One of a vagabond race, whose tribes, coming originally from India, entered Europe in 14th or 15th centry, and are now scattered over Turkey, Russia, Hungary, Spain, England, etc., living by theft, fortune telling, horsejockeying, tinkering, etc. Cf. Bohemian, Romany.
- noun The language used by the gypsies.
- noun A dark-complexioned person.
- noun A cunning or crafty person
- adjective Pertaining to, or suitable for, gypsies.
- intransitive verb To play the gypsy; to picnic in the woods.